How to Go Wisely through the Mortgage Application Process
Mortgage application process can take some time before you see the loan approved by the lenders. It is recommended that you be more careful with your financial moves once you decide to apply for a mortgage or you have already applied for one in the meantime. You have no idea how relevant your next financial moves can be for the lender and their decision to agree with the loan.
Here are some things that you must pay attention to when waiting for the mortgage application process to close:
- One first thing is to avoid malign large purchases even if you plan on doing this through credit offers or credit cards. Keep in mind that there is a credit report that records each of these actions and this report is further reviewed by the lender when checking with your application. So make sure that the debt to income ratio is not too high if you want for this one to have a positive influence over the mortgage rate.
- The second thing you have to consider is to start paying off old debts and not increasing the number of debts. This has to be done throughout the entire period of waiting for the mortgage application process to close. You need to do this new debt added to the report is not a good thing; in fact you can even have the surprise to find out that your loan has been declined.
- The third thing for you to do is to stay away from making large deposits into your account because at this point you need to back the deposits with documentation especially when they are made with cash. Well, you may think that it is a good thing for you to prove to the lender that there are enough funds that can enable you to pay off the mortgage loan, but this solution can turn against you making the lenders wonder why you wanted the mortgage loan in the first place.
- The other thing to keep in mind is to have the same employment status and not change your working place while being in the middle of a mortgage application process. This will prove stability in front of the lenders not to mention that your pay stubs will be needed as a proof of your financial stability. While changing working places, you may not be able to provide this proof and this is definitely not something that your lender will want to see.
- Last thing to take note of is the way you manage your valuable assets. These ones will be counted as the collateral for your mortgage loan if you want to obtain lower monthly rates. Beside this, you will need the funds for any other type of cost included in the mortgage application process such as down payment, closing costs, and so on.